Hi all!

On Tue, 2020-04-14 at 00:24 +0800, wdlkmpx wrote:

No real name - why do you think one would take you
serious?

[...]
> I'm not sure why the busybox git repo hasn't enabled the smart git
> http, --depth=1, but github already supports that among many other
> smart features.

busybox - and thus the git repo - is small.
What - apart from trolling - motivates "--depth=1"?
To word it another way: What is a somewhat sane use-case
for "--depth=1"?

[...]
> I found that github is the closest thing to `git bisect` when it comes
> to try to identify an issue.

So why did you use the - supposedly, IYO - closest thing
to `git bisect` and not the thing as such - `git bisect`
- directly?
I try to use the best tool for a job and not the next
best tool ...

[ ... lots of repeated stuff and hand waving deleted ... ]
> That's smart, fact. And I can't think of anything smarter than that.

Perhaps you need to widen your horizont a lot.

FWIW IMHO it's up to the maintaner/s to decide.

MfG,
        Bernd
--
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : be...@petrovitsch.priv.at