that has always been the problem with comcast vs att.
comcast, nice and fast, shared internet with everyone on your street. if no one on, you get faster if a lot on, you are at the max they say for you. att always the same speed.

comcast, if you call for service, 3 days until a tech comes. if the problem is then on the pole, they have to send a lineman and it is 3 more days. att service next day and it is always fixed no matter what, they will even string you a new line if needed.

it was hard for me to leave att a few months back and go to comcast. but prices were right for internet.

with comcast, if you purchase a new modem, you must call them and give them the new mac address which is what they use to identify your modem. used to be a long process, i would suspect they are better at it now. if you do purchase a new modem, the motorola MB720 is the best cable modem now. it is a 16x4 modem capable of 686 Mbps. supports DOCIS 3.0 it runs about $89 (this is what i am using, i pay for 25 Mbps down and it is consistent at 29 Mbps down.

73...bruce