Well I think I have it narrowed down to two choices. The G6-270 or the G6-144B.
The G6-270 is about 7.5' long is factory tuned with a 4MHz bandwidth. The
G6-144B is almost 10' long and will need to be tuned. It has a 2MHz bandwidth.
The G6-270 and the G6-144B both show a expected 6dbd gain. Another  option is
the G3-144 with 3dbd gain and about 7.5 ft long.
I have to mount this antenna outdoors, my Attic has radiant barrier and a ton
of a/c ducting. I'm thinking the shorter the better because of this. I'm kind
of leaning toward the G6-270. It is a good length, has good gain,  supposed to
not require any tuning and it gives me the option of adding a 440 capable radio
in the future.

So, is my reasoning sound ? What say ye ?

Oh, the radio I will be using is a Yaesu FT-2900R.

Paul Noll
KG5MHD
Love your pets, they want and deserve it !!!