This is correct. CW is legal anywhere on any ham band, otherwise every cw
repeater identifier would be in violation.

Seemed to me that thc simply inadvertently was on the wrong band on his radio.
I’m quite sure he has said his rig has hf and 2m on it.

And that example is a great reason to learn the code. His callsign is the
“easy” letters and was only sending at around 10 wpm.

If you simply learn the letters, you can copy 5 wpm. That used to be the
requirement for the Novice license.

73/Chris/AC5CM

Typos brought to you by iPhone