Hi Scott,

Cantor, Scott <canto...@osu.edu> writes:

> FWIW, I've done very little testing of trunk other than building it,
> so I don't have a sense of how good a shape it's in or how much has
> changed.

Unless you are prepared to do a good amount of testing (I can help
somewhat but you will have to take the lead, e.g., package a beta,
announce it, etc, etc), I would strongly suggest that you do the
bug-fix release (i.e., 3.1.2). Simply back-port the fix that is
only on trunk (and maybe check if there are more fixes that haven't
been applied to the 3.1). Stillm packaging a beta is probably a
good idea. As is adding new VC++ project/solution files (i have
them in XSD but they use different DLL naming).

Also, I must warn you, Xerces-C++ release process is probably
the most brain-dead thing you will ever experience. There is
the admin/ repository with some outdated release information.
I will also try to answer questions if you have any (I've done
the last couple of releases).

Boris