We have a local group (Mad Robin Caller's Collective) that helps new
callers along.  In the past couple of years we've had workshops
focused on total beginners, squares, and chestnuts.  There are
practice sessions where you can try out and get critiqued on both
calling and walk through for a new dance, and we team up for dances so
you don't have to dive in the deep end responsible for a whole
evening's program.

-Don