Thanks Bill. I have had the tremendous privilege of being allowed to video
a number of the dances being called by some of our truly great callers. As
the dance video archive project is focused on cataloging the dances, I have
restricted my permissions and public postings to that end, and the videos
are shot from that point of view of each particular dance works. However,
one of my rewards in editing these videos is the chance to study some of
the nuances that help these callers be so successful. There has been many a
case where I had wished I'd had the camera focused on the caller to see how
they did a demo, what gesture they had used, etc.

The idea of doing some kind of "Best of ..." series came to me in the
process of getting posting permissions from a dance weekend. One of my
idols, who had called the weekend, asked if I had any footage of the
teaching, so that learning could be obtained from all the mistakes. Of
course I had just spent several hours dissecting all the fantastic things
that went so well,            ( Wasn't hard to see why we were on different
octaves as callers [?]), it hadn't even occurred to me the potential mutual
benefit.

BTW...if you want objective feedback on you calling, and you have access
to  video camera, it doesn't get any more objective. Caution: Do be
prepared for the brutal truth!

Bob