On the Bostick and Sullivan site is a list of classic and modern lenses
covering 11X14:
                http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/Alt_cameras/large%20format%20lenses.htm
Assuming you will do B&W contact printing and shoot at f45 or f64 (to get
depth of field), the difference between modern and classic lenses may not
be very noticable. Diffraction from shooting at small stops tends to
equalize optical performance. You can probably get along fine with an older
lens and save quite a bit of money that you can spend on film and paper.

There was a thread a few days ago on rec.photo.equipment.large-format
regarding using 11X14 Fidelity x-ray film holders for LF use. One person
stated they seem to be the same as standard Fidelity sheet film holders,
only they are much cheaper from a medical supply company than from a photo
dealer. Does anyone on this group know anything about this? The cost of
11X14 holders is something you will want to check on if you are considering
this format. Holders do show up on eBay now and then, but the better ones
tend to bring pretty good money.

                  Leonard