Hi,

On 08/03/2012, Sylvain Le Gall <sylv...@le-gall.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/3/8 Daniel Bünzli <daniel.buen...@erratique.ch>:
>> Le jeudi, 8 mars 2012 ŕ 09:31, Sylvain Le Gall a écrit :
>>> setup.ml will be enough for me ;-) But I am biased.
>>
>> For distribution, I'm fine with that aswell. For developement setup.ml
>> takes too much time to invoke (adds an overhead of 0.5s on my system).
>>

> That the parsing time because the file is big. I know this issue and
> will try to improve that in the future. I think a 50% down size is
> possible, that will bring this time to 250ms. Although, I don't think
> that even for development env a 500ms delay is that big... I doubt to
> be able to reduce to ~0s.

For my own stuff, I've been using a Makefile which includes a rule to
(re)compile setup.ml into an executable with ocamlc.opt (compiling
with ocamlopt was too slow). My usual development machine isn't
terribly fast and this has helped a lot.

I think there was a mention of an issue though but it can help a lot.

Regards,
Adrien Nader