Hey Jamis,
I never actually bothered to check, I figured it was served from the github
gem server -- completely agree with your last statement about people not
really taking much interest in hacking the core before, there's no reason
that people should go messing with it for no real reason now...

My only concern would be that there is no more single place to go to get a
copy, get info and learn about it, a bunch of similarly named forks, with
similar feature sets would just cause trouble :)

- Lee