Hi Ann,

> On Nov 30, 2016, at 6:12 AM, Ann K. Blombach <a...@macgamut.com> wrote:
>
> Also, it at least used to be
> Apple's policy that if one bug report had been filed on about a specific
> problem, we were supposed to keep checking to see how progress on that
> report was coming along--NOT to file another bug report ourselves.

It’s possible that different people at Apple have different opinions about
this, but all the groups that I’ve worked in at Apple for at least the last 15
years have agreed on the principle that duplicate bugs are not a problem, but a
feature - they help us to know how many people are experiencing a problem, and
it’s always possible that for a hard-to-reproduce issue, one particular
duplicate bug will have the vital piece of information that the others are
missing that helps us solve the problem.

So I definitely encourage everyone to file their own bug reports whenever they
see a problem, even if the bug may be a duplicate. We don’t mind.

-eric