Hi Yan,

A few clarifications:

* Many HCP experts were tied up in meetings all day yesterday, and will be
today as well. Your patience is appreciated.

* caret-users is a great place to ask questions about caret5/caret_command, but
for HCP-related questions, this mailing list is the best place:

You need to subscribe to post.

There is a bunch of great documentation here:

https://www.humanconnectome.org/documentation/

For example, page 61 of this PDF document might be helpful:

https://www.humanconnectome.org/documentation/S500/HCP_S500_Release_Reference_Manual.pdf

I would not expect the pre- and post-processed data to have the same file
listings.

And regarding issue 3) again, the HCP data contains CIFTI files that are named
like *dscalar.nii, *dlabel.nii, etc. (I don't have a sample subject handy, but
I"m used to the actual NIFTI volumes being named like *.nii.gz (gzipped),
rather than just *.nii.  To test whether your *nii that MRIcron won't read is
CIFTI or NIFTI, try this in a terminal window:

grep -a CIFTI my_file.nii

If you see output including a <CIFTI .*> XML start tag, then you've got a CIFTI
file, and you need to view it in Workbench or something that can view CIFTI.

Circling back, if you have more HCP-related questions, join HCP-users (link
above); post your query there; and be patient.  You'll probably get an answer
in a day or so.

Hang in there.  We were all confused at first (and some of us still are, albeit
a bit less than we used to be). ;-)

Donna

On Sep 28, 2014, at 5:07 PM, "Tang, Yan" <yan.t...@ttu.edu> wrote:

> yes, I also submit my question in website
> http://humanconnectome.org/contact/index.php. But nobody answer me. In
> question 3, the data's name is data.nii. So I think it is NIFTI.

>>> SubjectDir=/mnt/myelin/donna/SUBJ/fs_LR_output_directory
>>> ResamplingMethod=BARYCENTRIC
>>>
>>> for Subject in $SubjList
>>> do
>>> for Hemisphere in L R
>>> do
>>> CoordInput=$SubjectDir/$Subject/"$Subject".$Hemisphere.midthickness_orig.164k_fs_LR.coord.gii
>>> TopoInput=$SubjectDir/$Subject/"$Subject".$Hemisphere.164k_fs_LR.topo.gii
>>> SurfaceInput=$SubjectDir/$Subject/"$Subject".$Hemisphere.midthickness_orig.164k_fs_LR.surf.gii
>>> caret_command -file-convert -sc -is CARET $CoordInput $TopoInput -os
>>> GS $SurfaceInput
>>> CurrentSphere=$ExtractDir/spheres/standard.$Hemisphere.sphere.164k_fs_LR.surf.gii
>>> NewSphere=$ExtractDir/spheres/standard.$Hemisphere.sphere.32k_fs_LR.surf.gii