hi neil,

as john pointed out, you can use the differential inputs of an FPGA
as a 1 bit ADC if you'd like.
there's a nice write up on this by paul horowitz and his students
who used xilinx fpga's as adc's.

if you want to use the fpga as the digiitzers,
you will need 600 LVDS inputs at 300 Msps, which means 600 pairs, or 1200
pins.
i think some of the larger fpga's will do this - you'll need to check.
 (eg: a virtex ultrascale).
or you could split up the data over several chips (see below):

a larger problem is that you need 300^2/2 complex 1 bit multipliers and
accumulators.
that probably will not fit on a single FPGA.   you might need to break this
into four FPGA's.
i suggest you develop a complex multiplier accumulator in simulink or HDL,
and plunk down 300^2/2 of them, and compile them into a large ultrascale
FGPA
and see if it will fit into 1 fgpa?  or  4?   or 9?   or 16?

best wishes,

dan