Hi James

You were correct. The problem is with the environment variables. For some
reason the bash script "startsg" does not setup the path and as soon as
Matlab fires up it gives the error "Xilinx not installed properly or path
variables not set correctly" and then it gives the error on the terminal
window of "directory bin/lin" not found.

Do you have any idea on what is perhaps going on? I am a newby to
environment variables.

Thanks for the help

Heystek