Hi Todd.
I don't think thats the case. at least it wasn't a couple of years ago when I regularly committed code into httpd, and we don't follow that process on the hama podling.

you may want to ping gene...@incubator, but I think it's fine. the other mentors who follow this list may want to chip in here if they think otherwise.

remeber.. you still need the committers to vote on changing the policy, but I think it's ok to do from a ASF standpoint.

regards
Ian