On Thursday 10 January 2008 21:15:25 Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> From: "Ash Berlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > How did you get to a function in MyApp.pm during a request....
> >
> > # in MyApp.pm
> >
> > sub foobarbaz {
> >    my ($c) = @_;
> > }
> >
> > # In controller code.
> > $c->foobarbaz();
> >
> > Make sense?
>
> Not really.
>
> I've tried (in MyApp.pm):
>
> sub the_host {
> my ($c) = @_;
> return $c->req->hostname;
> }
>
> and then I've tried to use
>
> cookie_domain => the_host()
> in the MyApp config, but when I try to start the server it gives an error
> telling that I can't use the method "req" because $c is undefined.

You could use MyApp::Root::auto to lookup the hostname from the request and
set it in config as you wish.

Example:

# MyApp::Root;
sub auto : Private {
  my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
  $c->config->{cookie_domain} = $c->req->hostname;
}

> But anyway, what I need is working because I can avoid setting a domain
> name for the cookie.
>
> Octavian

Knut-Olav Hoven
Systemutvikler               mob: +47 986 71 700
Linpro AS                    http://www.linpro.no/