I have a similar problem, but I am on shared hosting and I do not have
access to httpd.conf, only to the local .htaccess files. I have the static
plugin set up so we are delivering HTML, image files and other static pages
via Catalyst, but similarly to Alejandro I would like to serve up the pages
directly from Apache.

I have tried using mod_rewrite but it seems to be an invention of the
Adversary designed to lead us into despair. Has anyone managed to serve
static files directly using just .htaccess?

On 12/01/2008, Alejandro Imass <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Usually you would try to serve your static content directly with your
> Web Server and let only the dynamic part with Catalyst. For example
> you could have a configuration in your apache vhost as such:
>
> Suppose your app's name is vdc...
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>
> [...]
>
>         # root of your app
>         DocumentRoot /var/www/vdc/root
>
>         # Aliases
>         Alias /static /var/www/vdc/root/static
>         Alias /other-static-files /var/vdc/whatever
>         Alias / /var/www/vdc/script/vdc_cgi.pl
>
>         # The Catalyst part is via mod_perl
>         <Location />
>                 SetHandler modperl
>                 PerlResponseHandler vdc
>         </Location>
>
>         # The static content is served by apache directly
>         <Location /static>
>                 SetHandler default-handler
>         </Location>
>         <Location /other-static-files>
>                 SetHandler default-handler
>         </Location>
>
>         # main app directory conf
>         <Directory /var/www/vdc>
>                 DefaultLanguage es
>                 AddHandler cgi-script .pl
>                 AllowOverride None
>                 Options ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
>                 Order allow,deny
>                 Allow from all
>         </Directory>
>
>         # personal error file
>         ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/vdc-error.log
>
>         # personal log file
>         LogLevel warn
>         CustomLog /var/log/apache2/vdc-access.log combined
>         ServerSignature On
>

> </VirtualHost>
>
> On Jan 11, 2008 10:27 AM, Marcello Romani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Emmanuel Quevillon ha scritto:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am quite new with catalyst and I'd like to know how I could serve
> some
> > > html pages (actually documentation) e.g.:
> > > www.myapp.com/docs/index.html ?
> > >
> > > When I try to integrate such link in my template page, Pages are not
> > > served and as mentioned in the C::P::Static::Simple it does not serve
> > > .html file.
> > >
> > > Is there any magic thing to do without changing
> > > MyApp->config->{static}->{ignore_extensions} ?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >

> > If I recall correctly, the default is to serve as static files only the
> > ones under root/static, so try to put doc/ there.
> >
> > P.S.: Please don't start a new thread under an existing one.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > --
> > Marcello Romani
> > Responsabile IT