On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Tomas Doran <bobtf...@bobtfish.net> wrote:

> This needs a Catalyst release first - I was waiting till there were a few
> more changes for that, but if it's hurting people now, we could do a new
> version with just the tiny changes I made to support this.

By the way, I wonder if it wouldn't be cleaner to use _build_request
instead of a builder for the args.   In this case might have to completely
override _build_request to inject in the cache -- or make the cache "rw" so
that it can be set after _build_request.

Seems like giving the request the app as an attribute would be a bad idea,
but not clear what that is. :)

I've been struggling a bit with hierarchy of classes where I need to pass
child construction params down to child constructors.  I've added "parent"
attributes to the child classes, manually passed args (as you are doing
here), and even had separate config objects that I pass around.  Haven't
found anything that I'm that fond of.

> Can I get a 'yes this new code works' from someone trying it before we
> ship new versions? :)
>
> Cheers
> t0m

> Searchable archive: