From: bounce-124477508-15001...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-124477508-15001...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Magnus Fiskesjo
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 5:36 PM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L <cayugabird...@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Ithaca airport Meadowlarks / with a warning

This afternoon, Thursday 19 March 2020, traveling along Snyder Rd. at Ithaca
Tompkins Airport to listen for meadowlarks singing.

We did hear two different singing birds, and saw one singing from the airport
fence.

Then, the airport police caught up with us and wanted to know what we were
doing! I told them we were out to listen for the beautiful song of the
meadowlark. In the end, 6 police cars showed up (airport and county sheriff),
writing down all my details and asking the same questions.

What a story.

In the end, the airport police said, if you give them a call beforehand and
tell them you are coming, you are allowed to birdwatch.

But NO cameras!

I suggested to them to add that, to the NO TRESPASSING signs.

--sincerely,

Magnus Fiskesjö, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology, Cornell University McGraw
Hall, Room 201. Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
E-mail: magnus.fiske...@cornell.edu, or: n...@cornell.edu

Affiliations at Cornell University, WWW:
Anthropology Department, https://anthropology.cornell.edu/anthropology-faculty
Southeast Asia Program (SEAP), https://seap.einaudi.cornell.edu/people/faculty
East Asia Program (EAP), http://eap.einaudi.cornell.edu/people/core-faculty
CIAMS (Archaeology), https://archaeology.cornell.edu/faculty
Cornell Institute for Public Affairs (CIPA),
cipa.cornell.edu/academics/fieldfaculty.cfm
Judith Reppy Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies (PACS),
http://pacs.einaudi.cornell.edu/people/steering-committee