They did a similar thing right after 9/11, which might have been slightly more
justified than today. Many birding locations, such as sewage ponds in Arizona,
have remained closed to birders indefinitely -- for no good reason. The
"authorities" look for any chance to exude their paranoia and infringe more and
more on public rights. What possibly could photographing birds near a municipal
airport have to do with slowing a pandemic. I think we should resist.

Ken Rosenberg
Applied Conservation Scientist
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
American Bird Conservancy
Fellow, Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future
k...@cornell.edu
Wk: 607-254-2412
Cell: 607-342-4594

On 3/19/20, 5:40 PM, "bounce-124477516-3493...@list.cornell.edu on behalf of
Marie P. Read" <bounce-124477516-3493...@list.cornell.edu on behalf of
m...@cornell.edu> wrote:

    WOOOOH! Things are getting seriously weird.

    Marie

    Marie Read Wildlife Photography
    452 Ringwood Road
    Freeville NY  13068 USA

    e-mail   m...@cornell.edu
    Website:     http://www.marieread.com

    AUTHOR of:
    Mastering Bird Photography: The Art, Craft, and Technique of Photographing
Birds and Their Behavior

    https://rockynook.com/shop/photography/mastering-bird-photography/?REF=101/