***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***


Hi Bill,

slow but steady progress on CCP4 on os x. I have got it about as far as the ppc version when compiling using 4.1 . Major problem is that gfortran uses a linux header for setting up the floating point exceptions, I have a work around and will be in contact with the gfortran people as soon as I can figure out how (the gsl folk where much easier to get in contact with).

In short, with some tickling CCP4 will compile on a mactel box.

Charles Ballard
CCP4

On Monday, March 6, 2006, at 05:03 PM, William Scott wrote:


Hi Bill

Still, this is better than gfortran on an intel Mac. Every code that uses a maths function fails at runtime with an EXC_ARITHMETIC, including the gcc testsuite math.f90 . gcc/g++ seem to work nicely though.

Charles

Dear Charles:

Thanks.  You just saved me $1200 and doubtless a five-star migrane.

Bill



Reply via email to