*** For details on how to be removed from this list visit the *** *** CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk ***
On Wednesday 15 March 2006 03:44 pm, Tim Gruene wrote: > Are we going to miss anything by having used g77-3.3 rather than > gfortran installing ccp4-6.0? A lot of headaches? > I am worried we might > miss anything pretty or precious by not using gfortran!? As I understand it, the main impetus for switching to gfortran is simply that the g77 project is now effectively defunct. We're going to have to switch at some point. It's just unfortunate timing that gfortran is so new, and relatively untested, at the time of the ccp4 6.0 release. Some of the longstanding omissions of the g77 FORTRAN implementation are fixed in gfortran (Q formats anyone?), but there are still known "gotchas". I never got an answer back from anyone about the practical effect of the known gfortran limitations/bugs listed on their wiki. -- Ethan A Merritt Biomolecular Structure Center University of Washington, Seattle WA
