Hi Simon,

you can't stop it - I asked the same question (with some more questions)
some weeks ago.

You can find the original email and the tips I got for not-so-good
resolution B-factor refinement here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ccp4bb@jiscmail.ac.uk/msg01224.html

Good luck,
Eva

2007/5/9, Kolstoe S.E. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Dear all,

I have a structure at fairly low resolution that I am trying to refine
with Refmac. I do not want to refine B factors so have arbitrarily set
them all to 20 and then run refmac in the ccp4i GUI after deselecting
the "refine temperature factors" box. However, when I look at the
resulting pdb file my B factors vary from 2 to 90.

Is Refmac just calculating my B factors or is it still refining them,
and if the latter how can I stop it?

Thanks,

Simon