From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Kolstoe S.E.
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 11:09
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Refmac and B factors

Thanks very much for the replies, and especially for the link to the

Just a comment about the ccp4i GUI in general - pretty much all the students
in my department are slowly becoming dependant on the GUI because it is so
much easier to use for those brought up using MS windows. However, is it
really fair to be distributing the GUI as a "finished" product when it has
so many limitations, and in this particular case is just plain misleading?
Although I applaud the idea of making crystallography more user friendly, is
it not just asking for trouble (and bad science) when software is written
that gives the illusion that things are more straight forward than they
actually are?

Simon

  _____