Googling peg polydispersity returns this as the second hit

http://www.springerlink.com/content/tp643l7678048447/

which is circa 1973 data from behind the iron curtain.  The technology
may have improved, and the most recent I can quickly find is this paper

Plata et al., Electrophoresis, (2010), 31:679

Seems like PEG1000 would have anywhere between 15-30 monomers.

Cheers,

Ed.

--
Edwin Pozharski, PhD, Assistant Professor
University of Maryland, Baltimore