Dear all,
I would like to share with you some problems I am experiencing with a protein,
in case someone has an idea about what it is going on:

I am working with a protein module that gets trapped in Ni-NTA or glutathione
beads. If the protein is purified without tag (ion exchange plus gel
filtration), the protein can be purified properly.
However, when expressing with a His or GST tag, it gets trapped and it cannot
be eluted with imidazole/glutathione or even with 8M Urea (in case it is
unfolded)....

Does someone know what can be happening? We do not have any information about
an enzimatic activity of the module that might permit the protein bind
covalently to the beads.... Furthermore, we got the crystal structure in
complex with another protein and the folding of the module does not resemble
anything with enzimatic activity....

Many thanks in advance for all your suggestions,

Maria