Dear ccp4 users,

I have a problem in the crystallization of my target protein. Whenever I set up a vapour diffusion experiment, either hanging or sitting drops, the drops spread out. The surface tension is completely lost in 80-90% of the droplets. Have any one experienced something similar? What could be the reason for this strange behaviour? I have tried three different commercial screens with 96 condition each and there is no difference between the screens. There is no difference between manual or robotic setups either. The protein buffer is 40 mM Tris, 2 mM MgCl2 buffer, pH 7.4. The buffer controls are all ok.

Kind regards,
Eva

Eva Bligt-Lindén (M.Sc.)
PhD student