But, when it comes to GUIs, I have always found them counterproductive. In my humble opinion, the purpose of computers and other machines is to DO work for me, not create work for me, and I already have enough buttons to push each day. This is why my favorite command-line programs are things like "xautomation", "xse" and a tcl extension called "cwind" that lets you send mouse clicks and keystrokes into a Windoze machine from a tcl script. Comes in really handy for those late-night dialog boxes that always seem to pop up at 4am and would otherwise generate a user-support call because "X" has stopped working. Yes, I could SSH in, open a tunnel through my firewall to an NX server and launch a vncviewer within the NX session and then (eventually) click on the "OK" button. But I'd rather just sleep through all that.

-James Holton
MAD Scientist

On 4/11/2013 9:34 AM, Jim Pflugrath wrote:
I think James gets to 'fight' like in the old game of rogue by pressing the h, j, k, l keys on his keyboard (not a detachable one either). While Eugene gets to use a modern game controller or a Wii.

Ooops, game is already over and James has lost.

Jim

*From:* CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] on behalf of Felix Frolow [mbfro...@post.tau.ac.il]
*Sent:* Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:25 AM
*To:* CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
*Subject:* Re: [ccp4bb] CCP4 Update victim of own success

I would serve as a second in this duel, but I respect very much both engaged is this duel…
Drop you pistols or swords !!!!!
:-)
Dr Felix Frolow
Professor of Structural Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology
Tel Aviv University 69978, Israel

Acta Crystallographica F, co-editor

e-mail: mbfro...@post.tau.ac.il <mailto:mbfro...@post.tau.ac.il>
Tel:  ++972-3640-8723