What, I'm afraid, people rarely realise these days, is that their desktops are,
essentially, GUIs to various OS features, so they obviously use GUI more
frequently than they think :) After all, this is all matter of habits and
training, and the reality is that people get more and more GUI-oriented these
days, like it or not. Whether to fight the reality or try to use it for benefit
is, certainly, every developer's own choice. I still remember payroll officers
saying that hand calculators (and even their predecessors) were much more
convenient and robust than modern software, but do not hear this for some 15
years already ...

Eugene