Hi Tim,

The decision of which atoms you can and cannot see in your map is rather
subjective. Also the way you generate your map can make a big (enough)
difference. A new map after additional refinement, an NCS averaged map, or a
feature-enhanced map might show you the position of (some of) the missing atoms.
I prefer the 'high B-factor' model unless you have a very good reason to
believe the compound is in any way chemically modified.

Cheers,
Robbie