Hi all - talking about ligands, a quick question on that old conundrum, of what to do about invisible atoms -- build them with occ=0, or omit them?

For bits of protein, I know all the arguments; personally I prefer omitting atoms because:

 * for amino acid sidechains, their presence is implied in the residue
   name.
 * for whole residues, their presence is implied in the sequence numbering

However: what about ligands? Nowhere else in the PDB file is their presence implied - or have I missed something?

(Certainly disorder in a ligand is important information that needs to be captured!)

Cheers
phx