Hi Andrew,

The simplest way would be to place the "offending" atoms in separate
conformers as used to refine alternate conformations. This is a 1-letter
code that goes just before the 3-letter residue name:

> ATOM    139  SG *B*CYS A  21     -20.620   4.518  34.501  0.39
> 12.23      A    S
This trick should cause PHENIX to ignore close distances between atoms
in the A and B conformers.

Hope this helps,

Pedro Matias

--

Industry and Medicine Applied Crystallography
Macromolecular Crystallography Unit

email : mat...@itqb.unl.pt

http://www.itqb.unl.pt/research/biological-chemistry/industry-and-medicine-applied-crystallography
http://www.itqb.unl.pt/labs/macromolecular-crystallography-unit

Mailing address :
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica António Xavier
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Av. da República
2780-157 Oeiras
PORTUGAL

ITQB NOVA, a great choice for your PhD
https://youtu.be/de6j-aaTWNQ

Master Programme in Biochemistry for Health
https://youtu.be/UKstDCFjYI8