Hi all,

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried the pdb file edit (making the
offending atoms of both the ligand and the protein 'B' altconf), but it
didn't seem to make any difference to their positions after a single round
of refinement..?
The atoms in the active site concern two acetyl groups - one from the
substrate, acetyl-CoA, and the other from an acetylated cysteine in the
protein - that I believe are poised ready for a condensation reaction. The
closest contacts are between S and O(carbonyl) atoms (2.9A) and O and CH3
(3.1A), but going off the density, I think these should be closer (more
like 2.8 or 2.7A). It may be that I've trapped another reaction
intermediate (which would be cool), but I don't think that fits the density
quite as well. Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew Marshall
PhD Candidate