On 14/10/2016 05:39, tony duell wrote:

As noted,
the list was formed by and for users of the classic-era 'big iron' gear,
many of whom have simply succumbed to attrition in one form or another.

Actually, it wasn't. I have been a member almost from day 1, and my first
question to the list founder (I think it was Selam) was 'Are minicomputers
welcome on the list, or is it micros only?'

That's right - except it was started in 1997 and run by Bill Whitson at the University of Washington - and I joined a few months after it started. Same experience as Tony.

Pete Turnbull