> On Oct 17, 2016, at 9:58 AM, j...@cimmeri.com wrote:
>

> On 10/17/2016 11:18 AM, Peter Cetinski wrote:
>>> On Oct 17, 2016, at 11:58 AM, emanuel stiebler<e...@e-bbes.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> anybody has any experience with that:
>>>
>>> http://www.drem.info/
>>>
>>> ?
>> Yes, I'm currently in the process of getting the DREM working with a Tandy
>> 6000 and Xenix.  ...
>
> About $250?   Wish it were half that.  Seems like they could sell more than
> twice as many at half the price, and more than 4 times as many at 1/4th the
> price.

Really?  Come on guys, this stuff costs $$’s to produce and they may actually
want to make some profit.  If you’re doing small volume stuff (10’s-100’s vs
100,000’s - 1,000,000’s) it’s going to be a bit pricey.  Frankly, to get the
price to drop to half ($125), you’d probably have to get 10x-100x quantity
increase.  I know because I face the same thing when trying to produce my
boards.  Assembly will typically double the cost of the board + components.

I’ll likely be getting at least 3 of them (1 for the IBM 3174 and 2 for my
Symbolics 3640 and possible another 2 for my other Symbolics 3640).

TTFN - Guy