On 8/2/2017 1:28 AM, Christian Corti via cctalk wrote:
On Tue, 1 Aug 2017, Al Kossow wrote:
They canceled my order as well, just after sending me a message wondering if I wanted the keyboard

And this is not illegal in the US? It is here.

Christian
Legal / illegal and ebay in the same sentence doesn't make sense. They only want to make money, and don't care about either sellers or buyers.

They added the fiction that buyers are great by banning negative feedback against them for the most part. Buyers can do about anything they like as Pete said, though the rules really don't allow cancelling an auction at the end just because they don't like the results. I've never gotten a response from any ebay protest during this sort of behavior as well as worse.

Ebay should be subjected to some auction laws, which would ban that practice, as an absolute auction with a final result. But what they do for auctions are not auctions by most legal definitions, and I don't think any legal attacks have succeeded.

The auctions are mostly like silent absolute auctions which are used by some, and may be exempt from rules about making good on the delivery of items in law.

IANAL
thanks
Jim