I spent a bit of time on this yesterday. I have four QT242s (all were NOS but
two had broken plastic disk guides). It turns out that the only drive that
works is one of the ones with broken plastic. So, I did a little swapping,
connected it to my PC/AT and I now have MS-DOS 6.22 on an 8” floppy.

Now, on to imaging. I located my Catweasel card – a CW ISA model. I also
downloaded CW2DMK from Tim Mann so I want to play with that tonight. Even
though the image format isn’t what I’d prefer, at least I want to try to image
and re-create the MSDOS disk just to see if it all works.

I would still like to find a spare 8” drive of some sort – time to troll ePay
or maybe if someone on-list has a decent spare I can buy, please contact me
separately.

More to come – still lots of work to do on the Tarbell controller.

Rich

--
Rich Cini
http://www.classiccmp.org/cini

On 8/10/17, 1:00 PM, "cctalk on behalf of Al Kossow via cctalk"