> On Mar 8, 2023, at 10:11 PM, Brian L. Stuart via cctalk
> <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> If you all are interested a different take on the origins of
> personal computing, here's a recording I made for use during
> the pandemic of a talk that I give every year to our freshmen
> at Drexel University.
>
> https://1513041.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/Whence+Came+the+Personal+Computer/1_dq6va75g
>

> If you'd like to go back even farther, here's a page I have
> on the ENIAC.  At the bottom are links to a number of talks
> I've given on the subject:
>
> http://cs.drexel.edu/~bls96/eniac/

On that sort of history: there's a neat document in the online archives of CWI
in Amsterdam, a course syllabus for a course on computer construction given by
prof. van Wijngaarden in February of 1948.  I just completed an English
translation of it, and I'm wondering if there might be a good home for that
somewhere (once I proofread it).

From the introduction: "The field is new. The Eniac is at the moment the only
working machine, while one of these days the Selective Sequence Electronic
Calculator from the I.B.M. will be demonstrated."