> The problem that lead to this thread of discussion is that there is no
> well-defined project team, and I don't think that we need to create a
> formal project team to make a list of contact addresses.

http://www.cellml.org/team exists and has existed since cellml.org first
went live. Are you suggesting we drop this?

again, please see http://www.cellml.org/team

> categorised by their interest in the CellML project, and then a contact
> page which helps people find certain people (for example, we could have
> a category for technical issues with cellml.org, which would list Tommy,
> a category for people with the ability to curate cardiac
> electrophysiology models, which would list James, and a category for
> people with an interest in cardiac electrophysiological modelling, which
> would list anyone who wanted to be on the list).

The problem I still have with these lists and categorisations is that
unless someone actively maintains them they rapidly become outdated and
provide the community and potential community members with inconsistent
information. They also provide the possibility of emails going
unanswered due to the person/people they email being out of touch for
some reason.

The basic premise is that we want to encourage all correspondence to go
to the cellml-discussion mailing list - thus providing the most benefit
to both the sender and the community. Providing contact details for the
core team members (http://www.cellml.org/team) is simply a way to try
and capture interest from people who, for whatever reason, have some
aversion to participating in an open discussion.

Andre.