From: cellml-discussion-boun...@cellml.org
[cellml-discussion-boun...@cellml.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Miller
[ak.mil...@auckland.ac.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 12:55 AM
To: cellml-discussion@cellml.org
Subject: Re: [cellml-discussion] trouble building on Ubuntu: for opencell
build, told to build CellML API with XPCOM, but CellML API does not CMake with
XPCOM support

On 09/05/12 16:43, Audette, Michel A. wrote:
> Dear CellML users,
>
> I have a recent version of Ubuntu, and when I try to build opencell,
> configure tells me
>
> configure: error: The CellML API directory /usr/local did not contain
> interfaces/ICIS.xpt. Give the path to the CellML API with
> --with-cellml_api=/path/to/cellml_api. Ensure you built the API with XPCOM,
> Context, CCGS, CIS and CeLEDS support.
>
> When I download the source tarball of cellml-api-1.10 or 1.11, in either
> case, when I set XPCOM support to ON with CMake, I get
>
> CMake Error at build/xpcom.cmake:1 (MESSAGE):
>     XPCOM support needs to be ported to cmake; please do this and submit a
>     patch if you want to use it!
>
> How can I simply get through the two builds?
OpenCell is no longer maintained in Auckland; instead, Alan Garny (based
at Inria) is working on a complete rewrite which he is calling OpenCOR
(Website: http://opencor.ws).

If you want to build OpenCell, you would need to use a version of the
CellML API that was released around the same time as the version of
OpenCell you are trying to build (note: the last release of OpenCell
pre-dates the change to the CMake buildsystem), as the CellML API has
changed over time and OpenCell isn't being updated to stay up to date
with the changes.

I think Alan will be able to give you more information about OpenCOR and
its status, such as whether it is suitable as a replacement for
particular applications of OpenCell yet, and if not when it will be.

Best wishes,
Andrew

BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Spam: