And watch out for that meteor that is about to hit your head too Michael ;-)

I don't smoke (asthma).  No sugar for me (I am a diabetic). No illicit
drugs. Yeah I get the fats, but I limit my carbs (carbs turn into sugar...so
back to the diabetic thing).  So much for that theory bud ;-)  What I worry
about is being able to afford my meds and not have to worry about going
bankrupt if I have to go to the hospital.  As someone who does mostly
contract work, I don't have access to an employer sponsored plan most of the
time (On occasion, the consulting companies that I work through offer a
bottom of the barrel plan...but all the parameters reset every time I start
a new contract as I rarely work through the same company twice in a row).
Currently I am doing an independent contract.  So, no chance of insurance
there.  I do get most of my care through the VA as I am a disabled vet, but
if there is an emergency, I have to go to a regular hospital as the VAMC is
about an hour away.  Prior to this bill passing, I couldn't get my own
insurance since I have diabetes and asthma.  There already is a limit on the
total number of hours an employee can work in the labor laws as you have to
have a certain amount of hours between shifts and can only work a certain
number of days.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:26 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: For those wondering about the immediate effects of the health
care bill


Healthy employees? So no programming for 36 hours straight. No
mainlining coffee? No cigarettes, sugar, fats, salt, carbs, or
whatever else has been banned as not being good for you?
A happy programmer is one with sugar on call, games on stress, and a
cot in the corner. Watch the next law limit the amount of overtime
you're allowed to clock or the amount of total hours worked at a job
per week.

--
Michael Dinowitz




On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 1:51 PM, G Money <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> It makes good business sense to have happy, which means HEALTHY,
employees.
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Judah McAuley
<[email protected]>wrote:
>
>>
>> All the small businesses I know *want* to provide health insurance for
>> their employees but it is financially very difficult to do so. Maybe
>> you are a total asshole but the businesses I've started have tried to
>> make sure that their employees are well taken care of, healthy, and
>> not fretting about what will happen if their kids get sick.
>>
>> You are a real shithead Sam.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Sam <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >
>> > How is that helping small business?
>> >
>> > Forcing business to provide insurance but giving them 35% doesn't
really
>> help.
>>
>>
>
> 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Want to reach the ColdFusion community with something they want? Let them know 
on the House of Fusion mailing lists
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:313858
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to