Use the tone tag  <tone="sarcasm">...</tone>  :-D

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:34 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: For those wondering about the immediate effects of the health
care bill


You know, sometimes when I write a response that I think is dripping
in sarcasm, people take it seriously. The response was to:
"It makes good business sense to have happy, which means HEALTHY,
employees."
Half of the practices that the average programmer engages in are not
healthy by definition.

And yes, I do expect that meteor to hit me just because I'm me. Not
worried about it but I do expect it. :)

--
Michael Dinowitz




On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Eric Roberts
<[email protected]> wrote:
>
> And watch out for that meteor that is about to hit your head too Michael
;-)
>
> I don't smoke (asthma).  No sugar for me (I am a diabetic). No illicit
> drugs. Yeah I get the fats, but I limit my carbs (carbs turn into
sugar...so
> back to the diabetic thing).  So much for that theory bud ;-)  What I
worry
> about is being able to afford my meds and not have to worry about going
> bankrupt if I have to go to the hospital.  As someone who does mostly
> contract work, I don't have access to an employer sponsored plan most of
the
> time (On occasion, the consulting companies that I work through offer a
> bottom of the barrel plan...but all the parameters reset every time I
start
> a new contract as I rarely work through the same company twice in a row).
> Currently I am doing an independent contract.  So, no chance of insurance
> there.  I do get most of my care through the VA as I am a disabled vet,
but
> if there is an emergency, I have to go to a regular hospital as the VAMC
is
> about an hour away.  Prior to this bill passing, I couldn't get my own
> insurance since I have diabetes and asthma.  There already is a limit on
the
> total number of hours an employee can work in the labor laws as you have
to
> have a certain amount of hours between shifts and can only work a certain
> number 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Want to reach the ColdFusion community with something they want? Let them know 
on the House of Fusion mailing lists
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:313874
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to