>I agree Bush could have made a wiser choice, 'nuff said. What I >won't agree with is Larry taking a potshot at the Republican party >any change he gets.
I'll take potshots at stupidity ignorance and plain idiocy any chance I get. Its just that lately the Republicans have had almost a monopoly on these topics lately. What truely pisses me off is the way many Republicans try to twist or overrule scientific research results. A wonderful example is the recent attempt to ban third trimester abortions. Instead of leaving in a health provision, it was declared by fiat that there was no health reasons for such. It reminds me of Pope Gregory VI saying that the earth does not revolve around the sun. >//Snip >Moreover when honest AIDS education has been advanced, the efforts >have been consistently defunded by conservatives and their allies. >//Snip > >Care to back that statement up with some evidence. Now were talking >honest AIDS education that would benefit everyone here, not special >interest legislation pushed by lobyists. 3 years ago the CDC was to have conducted a very comprehensive sexual behavior survery. It was specifically defunded in the annual CDC appropriations bill. Look it up in THOMAS, (one of the few things I've ever agreed with Newt Gingritch about). larry -- Larry C. Lyons ======================================================== Life is Complex. It has both real and imaginary parts. ======================================================== Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is done. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=5 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=5 Your ad could be here. Monies from ads go to support these lists and provide more resources for the community. http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
