Also remember that the majority of caloric burn and eventual weight loss is the result of an increased RESTING metabolic rate, not the amount burned during the actual exercise.  It would be really hard to lose any fat if the only calories burned were those used during exercise.  I mean, a Coke has like, what, 200 calories?


Different types of exercise raise your resting rate for varying lengths of time after a workout.  Weight training results in the highest spike in rate for the longest amount of time post workout.  Do cardio to keep you heart and lungs healthy and live longer, weights to burn fat and look good.


Also, don't forget the benefits of using the body's thermogenic effect.  Small snacks all day instead of a couple of large meals really makes a difference.


/an hour of weights 5 days a week and a half hour of racquetball 2-3 days a week here


Matthew


-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Densmore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 1:32 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: I have a diet question


When I do cardio at the gym depending on which machine I'm on I do
anywhere from 300 - 500 calories in about 25 minutes. I don't think the
machines are 100 % accurate but you get somewhat of an idea.

Ben


[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings]

Reply via email to