> If they're going to standardize it in BlackStone, more
> power to them, but
> HOW they're going to do it I'm not sure.  Will they only
> support "orphaned"
> threads (threads which are created and launched but can't
> communicate back
> to the parent thread) or will they support a more complete
> model.

I'm guessing that they will support being able to get a response from
your spawned threads.

> As I said the actual practical uses for this kind of thing
> in a web
> application aren't all that common (think of the really
> good CF or ASP
> applications you've seen - none of them support this - I
> may be wrong, but I
> don't think PHP supports it either).  So I would bet it
> will pretty
> simplistic support, not a full thread management model,
> but that's just a
> guess.

PERL has supported spawning threads for a while. Not sure if it's been
since the beginning or why it was included, but I know it's been
available to them. Though I remember hearing that it's also sort of
like handing a howitzer to a 10 yr old -- hard to know if the spawned
PERL threads will consume the server if you're not the one programming
them.

s. isaac dealey     954.927.5117
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with