Regardless, I would suggest you install CF7 locally to play with alongside
youé 4.5/5 install and start to learnd/look at CFCs etc and the way CFMX
apps are built as in the most part they are very different, you don't want
to move to 8 just for some "widget" only to find that you haven't got a clue
how it works or how samples are put together.

I would also getting a good book on Ajax to actually understand how to get
more of our vanilla Ajax as you can bet that an Adobe offerening will be
Spry based (which you can download now but may require MX I am not sure) and
that it will not do everything you expect out of the box from day 1.

You are playing catchup for sure..

"This e-mail is from Reed Exhibitions (Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant,
Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DN, United Kingdom), a division of Reed Business,
Registered in England, Number 678540.  It contains information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have
received this communication in error please return it to the sender or call
our switchboard on +44 (0) 20 89107910.  The opinions expressed within this
communication are not necessarily those expressed by Reed Exhibitions."
Visit our website at http://www.reedexpo.com