> You're insane.

You been talking with my wife? :o)

> Programming languages aren't about user interfaces

True, but I'm watching the merging of UI tools and
programming tools.  You mentioned CFREPORT and
CFDOCUMENT, and those are programming tags which
help automate presentation.  (I believe that would be a
valid view).  And what about CFGRID and CFCHART?
Automated programming and presentation...

Dreamweaver components attempt to automate the process of building
interfaces while generating code for the backend.

I'm watching the ASP.NET components merge UI creation
and automate programming.  (Although I hate using
components because sooner or later I run into their limitations.)
And, as I mentioned to Neil, tools like this make it easier for
me to be productive in a language more quickly, because
I have no formal training in any of the languages... I just observe
what the components do, learn from them, and then write the
code myself for more precision and control.

> I don't need extra money so much that I'm going to go back 7 years,
because
> I'm just not interested in coding like that anymore.
> It's just plain foolish.

And I hope that you are never in a position to need money that badly... it's
not
a fun place to be... I know from experience.  You get hungry enough and
you'll
code any way you can to put food on the table.

One of the biggest differences between me and a lot of you I guess, is that
don't work for a company and have to worry about keeping a resume up-to-date
with skill sets.  I own the company and do all the work for it.  No demand
for
certain skill sets except to meet client expectations.

But, as I've stated, it is time to move on up from 4.5... it's been good to
me, but
it's getting quite behind the times.

Just waiting for CF 8... it'll be interesting to see how much more
integration
of programming and presentation there will be in CF 8.

Rick