> Don't put words into my mouth.

I don't see anyone putting words into your mouth. Jochem simply mentioned
that some people use revision control systems for things other than
application source code. That is certainly true, even if you don't do that
yourself.

> As for xml changes that are not related to your source code
> is generally handled by daily backups anyway, and most people
> prefer that as it can put the machine into a state quicker
> than your method. But hey thats your choice, you want to
> create extra work for you then go for it.

The advantage of using revision control for server configuration files, etc,
is that you can do diffs, etc, that you can't do as easily with a typical
machine backup. But that's fairly obvious, isn't it?

Personally, I would be very happy if server configuration files were
generally treated this way, because I can't count the number of times I've
found a file that's been changed from default settings, with no indication
of when or why.

> As for the actual content of the source files, DID I EVER
> MENTION ANYTHING about that?
>
> NO, I did not and I wouldn't like to have you tell me otherwise.

When reading email, it's very difficult to discern intent, attitude, or
emotional state. So, I interpret your responses with the assumption that
they're written for the best possible reasons, with positive intent. That
said, I think that many readers here might find your responses unpleasant
and off-putting. I mention this solely to let you know this, if you don't
already know. Feel free to disregard it.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/