On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Ben Shelden <aboutw...@benshelden.com> wrote:
> I was speaking with a recruiter and she was telling me that she found it
> interesting how the job opportunities for different languages seemed to
> center around different geographical locations. She told me there were a lot
> of Java jobs in Dade County, FL (i.e. Miami) but they disappeared going north
> across the county line and then the demand started for .NET developers and
> some PHP (but not anywhere near the demand for .NET)

Interesting to hear. I think a lot of CF work has disappeared from the
Bay Area (even tho' we still have three strong CFUGs) - and now
companies are finding it hard to recruit good CFers here - because
many CFers moved to where there were more CF jobs or learned other
languages and are gainfully employed already.

It definitely speaks to the need for developers to be multi-lingual if
they want to avoid roaming around, following their technology to
wherever its jobs are hot (although I've never had any problems
getting telecommute work and the project I'm on right now only has 2
CFers on-site - everyone else, including the designer and the DBA, are
remote).
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies US -- http://getrailo.com/