> I've been use the Trigger Snapshot function from the ColdFusion Monitor
> and I have been getting threads, but I am not, in my limited experience
> reading threads, I can see anything. In fact every thread dump I have
> done I have not seen a single thread processing and cfm or cfc code
> except for the on running the monitor cfc I used to get the thread dump.

-------------------------

Sorry, I'm getting to these a little out of order... there's so much
static on the list today it's taking me a while to church through it
all.  :)

If you don't see any .cfm or .cfc files running then the answer it
probably quite simply that nothing is running.  The big question is
whether or not you took those stack traces WHILE the CPU was spinning or
during normal operation.  If the latter, than you probably just need to
wait until it starts spinning again and then capture some traces.
If you DID take the traces while the CPU was spinning then look
carefully again an any thread that isn't sleeping.  There could be a
background process like client var purge, or mail spooler running that
would show as an executing thread but wouldn't necessarily involve any
.cfm or .cfc files.  If the CPU is spinning on the Jrun process and NONE
of the threads are doing ANYTHING, then my next place to check out would
be stop-the-world Garbage Collection.

I guess I'll let you answer those before we dive into that since I know
you've been getting a lot of advice and following all of it at once can
be a little crazy.

~Brad